Welcome to SparcStart, the online recruiting platform that makes use of state-of-the-art technology to connect job seekers with employers and to make the process engaging and productive. Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully before using SparcStart.
This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of SparcStart (the Site). By accessing and using SparcStart, you signify that you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provisions of this agreement. In addition, when using the Site’s services, you shall be subject to any guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted and modified from time to time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions of Use periodically for changes. Your continued use of SparcStart’s services following the posting of any changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use means you accept these changes. If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
SparcStart and its original content, features and functionality are owned by SparcStart and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
We may terminate your access to SparcStart, without cause or notice. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by SparcStart.
SparcStart may charge fees for use of the SparcStart recruiting platform. Fees paid will be non-refundable in the event that the content is removed or your access to the Site is terminated for violating these Terms and Conditions of Use.
SparcStart grants users (employers and candidates) a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the Site subject to (1) the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Use, and (2) payment by users of all required fees.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall SparcStart, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates be liable for damages, direct or consequential, resulting from your use of the Site, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims, losses, liability costs and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising from your violation of any third-party’s rights. All text, photographs, videos, graphics or other materials generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible by SparcStart on or through the Site are the sole responsibility of the user from whom such content originated.
Content and Conduct
SparcStart allows users to upload employment related content to the Site. Users are responsible for the content. As a user, you agree not to post content that:
- may create a risk of harm, loss, injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you or to any other person
- may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
- contains any information or content that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating, libelous, threatening, or otherwise objectionable;
- contains any information or content that is illegal;
- contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current
- contains mass or repeated commercial promotions (such as spam) or political messages
- contains information related to franchise, “club membership,” multi-level marketing, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity that requires an upfront or periodic payment, pays commissions only, or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors, or sub-agents;
- contains viruses, corrupted data, malware, worms, logic bombs or other disruptive or destructive material which may be malicious or technologically harmful
- violates third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity and privacy.
- includes hiring criteria that are not bona fide occupational qualifications
- uses anyone other than the actual hiring manager and two colleagues for each job posted (no actors or substitutes, if the job posted is in a team of fewer than 3 people, colleague videos may be provided by individuals who would normally interact with the employee in the job posted)
- is not relevant to the posted job (no generic corporate videos)
- solicits any information not relevant to the recruiting and hiring processes, including but not limited to personal information such as social security, credit card, or bank account numbers.
You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without the express written permission of SparcStart.
Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Site is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
SparcStart, its affiliates and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Site will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Site will meet your requirements.
This Agreement (and any further rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New York, United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.